With both babies I made these Milk Maker cookies and while I’m not sure if they worked or if I just naturally have an insane amount of milk, they sure were delicious!
Well when I came down with a cold last week I noticed a significant decline in my milk supply and started to panic a bit. Wanting to do something I decided to make my old cookie recipe. But since I am now following a low carb (no sugar) diet I had to make some adjustments. Here is the recipe I came up with and they are still SO good.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
1 cup splenda granulated sugar*
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips (find the darkest variety for least carbs)
- 4 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
*Update, I have removed the sugar altogether and they are still delicious. Win!
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat butter, oil, sugar well.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6. Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8. Stir in oats and chips.
9. Scoop onto baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.