I am officially one of those moms that hides veggies in food to get their kids to eat them. I just can’t deal with the fact that Adelaide never eats vegetables anymore so I’ve started making foods I know she will eat and hiding vegetables in them. These muffins are easy, tasty, sugar-free and packed full of veggies.
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup kefir plain yogurt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup water
2 cups veggie puree (steamed cauliflower, broccoli, carrots + 2 jars of vegetable baby food)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the butter, eggs and vanilla in small bowl.
- Combine produce, water, and apple sauce & baby food in blender until pureed.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture into a greased mini muffin pan
- Bake them at 350 for 20 minutes.